November 7, 2013

I completed the installation of the fourth and final ABI port this week. The process was basically the same as for all the others with a couple of minor wrinkles.  I had to patch the plywood liner on one end and fill a gap between the plywood and the fiberglass cabin side on the other end.  With a total of four large ports in the main cabin now, it's much lighter and more airy  I also reinstalled the port side cockpit seat.

The new project of the week was to get the 55 lb cast stainless steel Danforth anchor off the bow and securely and neatly stowed on the cabin top.  To do that, I needed to design and fabricate some teak brackets and mount them securely.  I completed the first phase this week.  Lots of sawing, grinding, sanding and sawdust. Next week I'll complete the finishing of the brackets and hopefully get them secured to the cabin top.  I hope I'm lucky in terms of where the mounting holes will need to go.  I'll probably need to remove the overhead panel in the head to gain access.  We'll see....




















.

2 comments:

  1. Impressive work this week (all the fitting and SANDING) and I can't wait to see the difference in light in the galley and saloon! Also I like the congruence between the lined up blocks and the following photo of the cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lightness below is indeed impressive. I noticed this last week.

    I do have to advise on shoring up any chafe from that anchor by putting some sort of pads below. This especially the case if you plan on keeping that chain on deck.

    The cacti are indeed a parallelism of the anchor intended to show the idealization of the Proles need to remain fixed into a culture. This can be eliminated with newspeak and doublethink.

    ReplyDelete