February 18, 2016

A busy and varied week!  Weather went from sunny and 85 to cool, windy and rainy in 24 hours!  Some big changes in my work priorities too!  I decided to do the Baja Ha Ha this year, and happily was able to conscript a couple of friends to crew.  So, with the restoration work mostly done, I started focusing on prepping the boat for voyaging.  Safety first, of course, so I pulled out my Jordan series drogue to determine how it needed augmenting for Circadian, a larger boat.  Also bought a used SSB radio for weatherfax, forecasts and cruising nets among other things.  Installation will be a major project; I just hope it all works when I'm done!  The purchase (with credit card points) of a new computer allowed me to download a new opensource charting program and made producing blog posts a lot less frustrating.  In the middle of all this, I had to prepare for and undergo an annual Coast Guard inspection to get my liveaboard permit.  But it's all good and I'm very excited about doing the Ha Ha!











No comments:

Post a Comment