October 13, 2016

Quite a roller coaster ride this week! With only days to go before it's time to leave Ventura in order to make San Diego in time, all the Ha-Ha-ers in the harbor are in panic mode. Including me! I finally made it back into the water and back to my slip on Tuesday, but only after having to be pulled out of the water again to replace a corroded bolt in the packing gland that I broke off by over tightening it. I did get everything on the haulout list completed, however, and the bill was about what I expected. Ventura Harbor Boatyard is one of the best: a large, friendly and very competent crew at fair prices. Even got a free T-shirt. However, I got little sleep Tuesday night worrying about “what-ifs” and all the things that still needed to be handled. As a consequence, Wednesday was a full panic mode day as I frenetically made multiple phone calls or visits to banks, lawyers, doctors, pharmacies and insurance companies both in the U.S. and Mexico. Today was much better. I was pretty amazed at how much I handled yesterday, and many issues had been resolved by noon today. My rigger was able to get the rig surveyed this afternoon, and when I get his report, hopefully by Monday, I should be able to get hull insurance for Mexico. At this point, it looks like I'll make it fine, although I probably will not get some non-essential, but nice to do, things done. I'm SO looking forward to getting away from the stress, expense and hard work of preparation and into Margaritaville!!

















In she goes!












1 comment:

  1. Nice. Finally finally I can stop bitchin at you.

    Fly like the wind and don't look back.

    ReplyDelete