May 17, 2018

A mixed bag this week.  Mostly continuing to work my way through the maintenance list, but also managed to do one bird photo shoot and have some fun with friends Curt and Mary who arrived this week.  I took them into Puerto Vallarta so they could learn the details of the local bus routes and showed them a couple of my favorite spots, including A Page in the Sun bookstore/coffee house and the Rio Café Restaurant on the Rio Cuale.  Mike and Lisa, on Footloose, just arrived today, so it looks like I'll have some friends around during the long hot summer.  Unfortunately, in the midst of it all I've had to battle the same sort of intestinal issues that haunted me last year.  This time though, I went straight to the antibiotic.  Too soon to know if I've been successful.  Wish me luck!
 
Yellow crowned night heron sitting on the eggs.


Yellow-crowned night heron in full mating
season plumage.

Mexican grackle building the nest.



Iguanas are common around Nuevo Vallarta, but...

...not so common here.

Sunset on thunderheads from my back porch


This green night heron claimed a spot on Magic, Curt and
Mary's boat, soon after they tied up.  Another example of
birds' attraction to the corner of solar panals!

Dinner at Fajita Republic with Curt and Mary and some of
their other friends.

Sand sculpture seen on the beach along the
malecon during my trip to Puerto Vallarta
to give Curt and Mary a bit of local
knowledge.

The tour included details of using the various buses
to get around the city.  Always an adventure!


I was able to get amoxicillin without a prescription, and at
a 'two for one' price, to treat my intestinal affliction.
Hope it works!

Despite the intestinal issues, I managed to
make reasonable progress on 'the list.'

One fun little 'off list' project was to
figure out a way to mount my waterproof
Olympus Tough camera onto my bike
helmet.  It wasn't very difficult. 
Haven't used it yet, other than to test it.

The most urgent item on the list was refinishing the wood
that had to be done before I could put up the sun awnings.
I got it done the same day the sailmaker brought back
the restitched canvas.

Starting to touch up the nicks and chafed spots on the Cetol 
brightwork.

New zipper in the outboard cover

Restitched bimini back up

Fits snug once again.

Cockpit awning, window covers and side curtains installed.

Keeping off the tropical sun is important to making it
through the summer!

Quite a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment