September 20, 2018

I came down with a cold this week, so I spent several days taking it easy.  As I gradually recovered, I took care of a few light duty tasks and progressed to tackling the port side rub rail.  When there was break in the usual evening thunderstorms I walked over to the beach and got some nice sunset photos and a time-lapse video.  Had dinner with friends Mike and Lisa and I fear I might have passed on my cold to him.

I saw a lot of this view this week while I was coping
with a cold.

In the "It's always something" category:  somehow one
of the docklines popped out of the chock and damaged
my newly refinished cap rail before I caught it. 
I usually keep the lines pretty tight, so I'm a bit puzzled
about how it happened.  Must have been during a rain
when the wet lines expand and loosen and a boat
came by and made an extra big wake.  Sigh.

When you're sick, topping off the batteries with water
counts as the project for the day.

First step in refinishing the rub rail:  removing the 
stainless steel trim strip...without dropping it into
the water.  I secured it with lanyards before I started
removing it, so of course I had no problems.

Trim removed and old finish sanded with 220 grit.

Worn spots touched up with Cetol Marine and entire
rub rail recoated with Cetol Gloss.

Dinner with Lisa and Mike at Barracuda in Nuevo Vallarta.

Do these new green shoes make me look fat?

Green with envy?

How the resident tiger keeps his cool during the hot
summer.

Time-lapse of beach sunset







No comments:

Post a Comment