Settling In

I'm starting to settle back into life in Ventura again.  And as I rediscover it, I'm reminded of why I like it so much:  scenic, lots of wildlife, uncrowded, friendly people and a great community in the marina.
Boat work continues even here, however!

Commercial fishing piers at Ventura Harbor

Rental paddle boats stacked up on the dock at the Village
in Ventura Harbor

Just part of the scene around the harbor

Sanderlings at the beach

Great blue heron and its nest in a tree in the marina
parking lot

I removed the pump for the shower sump
from this shelf under the sink to reposition
it below the level of the sump to help it prime.

Sump pump remounted in the bilge.  It required new
wiring and plumbing, but it works now.

Started refreshing the brightwork again.  Trim around
the pilot house sanded and masked.

Fresh coat of Cetol Clear Gloss applied.

Although I keep them rough for a more secure grip,
 the handrails needed cleaning up too.

Two coats of Primo Teak Sealer helped.

I took one of my propane tanks to
Amerigas to get it recertified and filled.

They are the only local place that knows that old horizontal
tanks don't require an OCD valve and will fill them.
As a bonus, they gave me a decal that should eliminate
the problem in the future.

A weekend in LA with Carol often includes a visit to
the LA County Art Museum.  This is a view of the roof
of one wing from the balcony of the adjacent wing.

While exhibits are often a mixed bag,
there are usually some interesting works.

What looks like cobwebs on this heavy
chain is silk deposited by silk worms.

Carol's landlady grows orchids in the back yard.
 

...other flowers too.


No comments:

Post a Comment