May 3, 2010

Not a lot of progress this week. During the week I used my "gravity" method to fill and true the remaining edges of the engine room hatch. Over the weekend I had only Saturday afternoon to work on Circadian projects because I had to take my dog to the vet in the morning and I spent Sunday showing my other boat to prospective buyers. Nonetheless, I was able to add a stiffening brace to the underside of the new engine room hatch cover/cockpit sole, sand and fair the lip and get the first coat of primer on the hatch cover. I made use of the cardboard tube that the glass fabric came on to form a lightweight arch framework for the brace by splitting the tube lengthwise. I used leftover glass fabric draped over the tube to create the brace. Everything came out fine and the brace noticably stiffened the structure. But of course the primer revealed a couple of imperfections on the top side which I will have to remedy this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment