February 21, 2012


The main focus this week was completing the installation of one of the bronze Ta Chiao ports in the head.  I used the same process I worked out back in October and November of 2010.  While it’s a grind in every sense of the word, there were no problems and it’s really nice to have light and ventilation in the head.

In addition, I repainted the turning block pads and the base for the forward hatch because the original paint color I used previously wasn’t right.  I also prepared tapered plugs for the boat's thru-hulls.

Perhaps the best news of the week was that it seems I’ve finally stopped that insidious seepage from the base of the head.  After using it all week everything is still bone dry.  Hurray!

Finally, I purchased new faucets for both head and galley, and a new manual bilge pump to replace the cockpit pump that was in such bad shape that a mud wasp had built a nest inside it.  So, if last week’s projects were plastics and this week’s were port, paint and pottie, next week’s pppppprojects will all be plumbing.

In the harbor, dredging and seawall maintenance are in full swing with the arrival of the dredge and lots more heavy equipment and huge pipes.
































1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!!!!!! I LOVE that port. Yo duo such great work!

    ReplyDelete