February 28, 2012


This week I replaced the cockpit bilge pump(no longer made or supported) and the mixer/faucets in both the head and the galley.  I also made a new sink cover/dish drain for the galley.  The challenges were the ones I expected, but it wasn't easy and by the time Carol arrived Saturday evening (just back from Europe), I was plumb tuckered out.  That night we had a nice dinner with some friends on a Choy Lee 43 at the end of the dock and then played cards.  Sunday we headed out to Ojai where we had a great lunch, strolled through Libby Park, and found a few treasures at Bert’s Books, an outdoor bookstore.

In the harbor, dredging operations are in full swing.  The huge dredge blocks half the harbor entrance and a 4-foot diameter pipe runs from it across the channel to the beach where it continues at least a mile to the dump site for the sucked-up silt.





























4 comments:

  1. More new boat joys this week from Capt G! Just stunning how those little changes you do just brighten up the boat and add light! Faucet mounters yumm! It keeps looking so brand new and inviting. Quite a lot done this week.

    Spring is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, SM! I'm happy with what I accomplished this week. The new plumbing not only looks a lot nicer, but it works much better too. While I can't say dish-washing is now a pleasure, it is a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing that dishwashing is higher on the pleasure list than scrunching yourself below the sink to install the new hardware!

    ReplyDelete