November 22, 2012

It was a short week this week thanks to the Thanksgiving holiday.  I continued the seemingly endless cycle of sanding and painting the louvered vents only to decide after two coats that the Sundown Buff was the wrong color.  So, after wet sanding, I laid on a coat of Hatteras Off White, which will ultimately match the paint on the cabin and deck (whenever that gets done).  It will need another coat or two to cover (wet sanded between coats), but I can already tell it will look much better than the brown, which made the vent stand out like a big square blemish.  (Sundown Buff is more like the darker brown seen in the first photo.)  I also continued laying on the Cetol on the cockpit coaming.  I sanded the third coat of the Cetol Marine prior to putting on the first coat of Cetol Gloss.  I expect I'll put on another coat of the gloss, sand it, and then put on a "final" coat.  It's looking good enough to spur me on to doing more of the teak trim, especially if I can get Jordan to do some of the sanding.

This week's bonus project was finally coming up with a place and method to store my two trolling rods.  It was tougher than it sounds...no place was long enough to accommodate them or if it did, they would really be in the way, ugly, or both.  Once I came up with the right spot (under the awning and doghouse overhead) and method, the doing was easy; a thirty minute job.  I'll have to remount the eye straps after I finish the overhead for the doghouse, but that's no big deal.

Well, it will soon be time to head out with Carol for the Thanksgiving Day feast at my cousin's place.  I'm looking forward to a bit of gluttony and a good time.  And I have a lot to be thankful for, including having a day NOT spent sanding!  Have a great Thanksgiving!














1 comment:

  1. Every week gets better and better - almost new. That cetol job looks marvy

    ReplyDelete