November 8, 2012

Most of the work this week was devoted to continuing the refurbishing of the teak on the cockpit coaming and the construction of two drawers.  I sorely missed my shop while trying to construct decent drawers without my cabinetmaker's saw!  At least I was able to find some prefinished drawer sides with the groove for the bottom pre-cut.  Of course they had to be cut down to fit.

I also continued to build coats of varnish on the fiddles for the large shelf in the starboard quarterberth and the small shelf forward of the quarterberth.  I had been saving the sanding of the louvered vents for Jordan, but he never showed.  I was about to write him off when he called to tell me he had narrowly escaped being hit by a car while on his bicycle, took a tumble and injured his hand.  Despite the injury and the uncooperative weather, I still hope be able to get some help from him.

I went to visit Carol in LA over the weekend and as usual had a jam-packed and fun time.  We went to a short films festival, saw the Space Shuttle in its new home at the Science Museum, and I ate mass quantities of Carol's delicious homemade lasagna.  Even got to bring some leftovers home!
















2 comments:

  1. nice work Cappy G!

    Stay warm and dry. Winter dinkering has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinkering....that's one to add above poodling on the list (if it's alphabetized).

    ReplyDelete