February 21, 2013

With the aft head done, I turned my attention this week to the large hanging locker in the aft cabin.  I decided to line the bulkheads with aromatic cedar to fight mold, mildew and moths.  Although the job required a lot of tedious fitting and much "boat yoga," it went fine.  The next steps will be carpeting the floor and hull and then finishing the overhead with a white panel.
Over the weekend, Carol and I went on a hike seeking the legendary "punchbowl."  It turned out that we didn't go quite far enough (although it was plenty for us) to see the larger swimming hole and waterfall, but still had a good time.  Today's nature photos are from that walk.



 
 








 




 




1 comment:

  1. I love cedar lockers! Can't believe only took a week to get these technical angles right. You is good!

    Boat is turning into a boat show pedigree.

    ReplyDelete