March 8, 2013

I was at a First Aid class the last two evenings, so I'm a day late in posting this week.  In addition, several days of rain or risk of rain jumbled my plans a bit.  I did manage to contact someone to make new berth cushions for the aft cabin, but they haven't come out to make patterns yet.  I was able to finish the hanging locker and make some progress on the last bits of trim needed, but the bulk of the work was sanding the remaining original woodwork on bulkheads etc.  While I only completed the first coarse (80 grit) sanding, that is the most labor-intensive as it takes a lot of sanding to remove stains and remnants of the old finish.  Hopefully I'll complete the sanding and get a couple of coats of the new finish applied next week....



 





 







1 comment:

  1. SaltyMonkeys hands hurt from looking at all that sanding.

    ReplyDelete