March 27, 2014

Change of plans this week.  I found someone who can sand, fair, prep and paint the cabin, doghouse and deck for a reasonable price, so the focus has shifted to getting the boat ready for them.  I need to install the last remaining bronze port before they can start, so that was the main effort this week.  The port leaked when I tested it many moons ago, so I had to dismantle it and reseal it.  I also need to bond a plywood liner in the small section where the port goes so that it will be flush with the cabin exterior when installed.   And of course other related tasks cascade geometrically from those two....My painter won't be able to start for another week, so I should be ready when he is.  It will be a month-long project and a big check, but it will make a huge difference in how the boat looks.  And I won't have to break my back for months doing it myself!
















2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see concluding episode of the bronze port saga!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! And I can't wait to learn more about painting! I hope it doesn't rain. (did i say that?)

    lubly flowers

    ReplyDelete