November 6, 2014

I worked on a couple of small projects this week that will both take some time because they require a lot of finish work.  I want to get the Hydrovane in shape for next season, so I decided to refinish the ugly windvanes.  There are three of various sizes, and I started on the biggest one this week.  I'm going to try incorporating a reflective U.S. flag on top, which might work in place of an actual flag that tends to be a nuisance.  It could also be a nighttime safety feature.
The other item is the permanent installation of the 110 volt galley outlet that has been dangling on the end of a wire for far too long.
I also got a nice Robship winch handle holder.  The rounded top makes sure the handle lies to the side out of the way, and because it attaches with surprisingly secure suction cups, it can be easily moved or removed for storage when not in use.  The winch handle holder was the final item from the shakedown cruise list.    Progress!





















2 comments:

  1. OMG. I thought I was going to have to live with that dangling outlet forever! It was always in the way.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shocking Monkey outlet me thingksz!

    ReplyDelete