May 7, 2015

It was a hectic week filled with multi-tasking, runs back and forth between vendors and painful bouts of boat yoga.  A couple of major milestones were reached, however, and one narrowly missed.  I had to go to the battery distributor twice to get the new batteries because they screwed up the paperwork (but I got a $16 discount for my trouble).  I also had to make a return trip via the bank to a local chandlery that was selling off inventory at half price  because they were only taking cash.  I spent a fruitless afternoon preparing for the welding of my watermaker pump bracket and making trips to the yacht club where my friend Jonathan was doing some welding.  Turned out that without 220 volt power, his welder didn’t have enough oomph for the ¼ inch stock.  We’re still looking for a source of 220.

I did manage to get the batteries installed (thanks to my friend Kevin) and wired up, and the new bilge pump and switch installation was completed and tested successfully.  The new battery cables were terribly costly, but they needed to be precise lengths and I didn't want the delay that goes with ordering them from genuinedealz.com.  Tomorrow I drive down to the San Diego area to pick up the watermaker kit and participate in the first outrigger canoe race of the season.  No rest for the weary!























1 comment:

  1. Wow. Those batteries are impressive sitting in your boat now all hooked up. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete