September 10, 2015

The heat wave, the three-day weekend and some surfing shopping all conspired to limit my project progress.  There was some consolation in the nice sunsets that came with the heat and humidity and I did manage to complete the hard part of mounting the big firehose around the dinghy gunnels.  It works great, but needs more bolts closer together to improve the look.  I also need to finish the small sections that go around the transom corners, but I can’t do that until I get new dinghy wheels mounted, and that will be a while.
After buying an old surfboard from a dockmate, I spent most of the rest of the day being wisked around by my surfer friend Tom who thought it was just the right board for me, but needed a ding professionally repaired, a new leash and a new cover.  So we went to the secret board repair guru who works out of his garage.  He has a reputation for being a bit of a curmudgeon, so of course we hit it off fine.  He fixed the ding, polished the board and completed the job in less than 24 hours for $20!!!  I didn’t think people like that existed any more!  After leaving the board off for repair, it was a trip to the surf shop and then over to Surfer’s Point to check the state of the surf.  How’s a guy supposed to get anything done?  Oh, amazingly, the board JUST fits inside the Mini!











1 comment:

  1. very yummi sunsets.

    Unfortunately, the firehose looks like the skirt off a poor quaker.

    ReplyDelete