September 3, 2015

After doing the usual post-cruise clean-up, I started on the list of new projects I brought back with me. The davit lines were getting pretty chafed, so I replaced them.   I also realized I wanted to be able to deploy a second heavy anchor quickly if needed, and that meant connecting the rode to my 50 lb cast stainless Danforth.  The reason I hadn't already done it was because I didn't want the chain wrecking my newly refurbished deck and cabin.  I decided to try putting the chain inside some firehose.  It seems to have worked fine.  Shouldn't be a problem in use, but I won't really know until I try it.I also got some larger hose to use to pad the gunnels around the dinghy so I won't have to worry about banging up Circadian or someone else's boat when I come alongside.  That will have to wait til next week.
Forgot to mention: I went surfing for the first time.  So far I can pearl and wipe out without even standing up.  The good news:  I've almost recovered completely.






 






1 comment:

  1. Love those roots in the pics section. I can smell the earth and it looks ominous.

    ReplyDelete