November 5, 2015

A bit of a mixed week.  Some rainy and windy days slowed progress.  One of the new anchor shackles didn’t fit through the anchor even though according to the specs it should have.  Turned out that they did not include the lettering that stood proud of the shackle diameter in the size specs.  Cost me $19 to ship them back for an exchange and I’m still waiting for an alloy shackle that will meet WLL requirements and fit.  Finally, the Primo I used on the rub rails turned out to not work as hoped.  The sunny side weathered badly and not only did four coats not cover, it got runny.  The Cetol faired much better even considering it was exposed 3 months less.  So, eventually the Primo will need to be stripped off to get replaced by Cetol.  At least I got a break with a minor car issue, fixing my windshield washers myself for $6 rather than the $125+ the dealer wanted.  Even scored a couple of free maps from AAA despite my not being a member!  Half full or half empty?














No comments:

Post a Comment