June 30, 2016

Another mixed week, jumping from project to project depending on which gear arrived and which vendors were ready to work. I got new charger connectors for the scooter wired in and mounted, and it finally took a charge and worked. Yeah!!! Even got a storage bag for it. More of the line and shackles for the drogue came in, and I did some more eye splices for the bridle. With peak loads on the drogue bridle up to 14,000 lbs, getting gear that is up to it takes research, care and money. But it may save my hide some day, so it's not a place to scrimp. Still no action from the sail-maker, and I'm still battling to get hull identification numbers for my documentation. I thought I was home free until I read that it would take them 4 to 6 months to issue the new documentation. I hope that won't really be the case as that would be too late. Still trying to find out what to expect.
I hired Jose (who did the painting of the deck and cabin) to buff and wax the hull. He's including waxing the cabin and deck for the same price. So far he's done one side and it looks great. He even was able to get out many more of the scratches than I thought possible.
On Saturday I went to a second boaters swapmeet this month and got rid of some more stuff. So, things are moving along mostly. Who knows, I might even make it! 















  

No comments:

Post a Comment