June 9, 2016

A bit of a mixed week. Finished the lee board for the v-berth (in more ways than one), got the rudder for the Hydrovane painted with antifouling and installed, and the new deck awning was trial-fitted by the canvas-maker. I've also frittered away quite a lot of time getting ready for the boater's swapmeet on Saturday. I tried gettiinng my electric scooter to charge, but the connector just fell apart in my hand. I'll have to try replacing the connector. If I can't get it to work, I'll just have to junk it, despite it's relatively high initial cost. I also cleaned up my old surf kayak and started going through my storage unit, sorting, pricing and loading up the first load in the Mini. Speaking of the Mini, while I was able to pick it up, it turned out the fog lamps were not working, so I had to bring it back. I sat waiting for a couple of hours while they tried various fixes. They think the new replacement light was bad out of the box, so I'll have to go back yet again when the parts come in. I struck out getting any information on hull identification numbers from my friend Clark or the Salar Owners Group. Clark's Salar doesn't have an HIN either, and the only response from the Salar Group was an Englishman, whose Salar has only the English system number. I tried one more email to the Coast Guard. If I don't get a clear answer, I'll try making up something as I said last week.  No call-back from the sailmaker after two weeks, so I'll have to start pestering them next week. Still plenty to do, but I'll make it.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment