September 29, 2016

Hot, hot, hot!!!! Record-breaking temperatures in the area exceeded 100 degrees! Even in the marina temperatures came close to triple digits. I tried to arrange to do paperwork tasks during the hottest periods because the heat and humidity made physical work miserable. So, the week was pretty evenly divided between boat projects and paperwork. I spent a lot of time on the phone, online and running around to get official business handled. I received my Temporary Import Permit or TIP, which is essential, and printed out what is supposed to be a receipt for pre-paying for the visas for myself and two crew members. I also applied for and paid for a Mexican fishing license. Conversations with my insurance carrier resulted in my needing to get a standing rigging survey done before they will insure me in Mexico. I'm in the process of arranging that now. There's more to do, but I'm less stressed about being able to get it done.
On the project side, the bright work refinishing is nearing completion with work on the transom cap rail half way there, and I did the 250 hour engine service which required way too much boat yoga. The new sail cover is done and looks fine after some adjustments were made. Next week the boat gets hauled out for bottom paint and some other work.
Did I mention I'm exhausted?






 







1 comment:

  1. You mean you actually put 250 hours on that engine? Where did you possibly go?

    You should be exercising that engine every month for at least 8-16 hours under load. Have you been doing that instead of your bright pretend-work?

    ReplyDelete