Back to LA and Ventura

I just got back from a pretty hectic trip to Los Angeles, Ventura and Fillmore. Although it was filled with errands, shopping and appointments with the doctor, dentist and tax preparer, I did manage to spend time with Carol and see some (but not all) of my friends and even managed to get some down time.  And of course I got my visa renewed.  It was, of course, a shock to plunge suddenly into the traffic, crowds, expense and frenetic pace of Los Angeles/Hollywood. Especially when I had to drive through it after not having driven in six months. Still, it was a successful trip. I got done everything on my list and got to spend time with the people I most wanted to see. Got lots of hugs, too! Nonetheless, I was a bit surprised at how good it felt to get back to Mexico. I think it's the easy-going atmosphere and the happy, friendly people.
I'm still settling back in and getting the boat cleaned up for a survey on Friday. After that I can start in on a new list of projects thanks to all the stuff I brought back from the states. Who knows, I might even start to work on my indolence again....
























1 comment:

  1. Isn't that remarkable, and such a sweet shot of you and carol . . . had me in smiles.

    ReplyDelete