Cool Week for the Birds

Much of the week was spent in phone hell.  Can't seem to activate it and still have my old US service plan.  Supposedly it will be unlocked by Monday and I should then be able to activate it on iTunes.  If I can't, I might have to make a trip back to the US to get it done. 
It's been slowly getting hotter, so on one of my many futile trips to AT&T, I went to the nearby Walmart and bought an air conditioner to get me through the hot and rainy summer.  So, the only project work has been working on the removable installation.  I did make some time to get some nice beach sunset and bird photos, though.

Yellow-crowned heron

K
Kiskadee Flycatcher




Grackle



Altamira Oriole


Some trees had scores of iguanas in them
 
He knows he's a handsome devil








The yucky red tide seems to finally be subsiding

One of the endless problems of phone hell

Test of concept for air conditioner install using cardboard and cushions

Fitting plywood for the permanent set-up

The base was made from salvaged 3/4 in. plywood

The visible parts are covered in new 9 mm plywood

First coat of paint

It works.  Cooler and much less humid.


1 comment: