January 24, 2019

The big accomplishment this week was setting up a little online store to make available calendars, notecards and posters to folks who like my photos.  Check it out at George Phillips Photography .  If you like what you see, please let your friends know about it.  Comments and requests for other items are welcome!
I also got the verdict on my outboard this week.  It is well and truly dead, so I sold it to a local for $25.  He'll find a way to make it work and everyone will be happy.  After a bit of research, I confirmed that Mexican and American versions of Yamaha outboards are indeed different due to different emissions standards.  I finally decided to get one here in Mexico because it's simpler and because I think it will be easier to get Mexican parts from SoCal than US parts deep in Mexico.
Of course there were also a few minor boat projects which you can see in the photos....

This is a screen grab of my online store.
I will be adding items, so bookmark it
and check back periodically:

This sunset and the two below were taken since my last
post and have been incorporated into calendars and
note cards now available for purchase online



Seagulls on the beach behind Diego's

Curt playing at Diego's Wednesday and wearing a shirt 
plugging the band he played with in Ventura.

After Diego's, a group of us went to Fat Fish, which is,
ironically, known for its ribs.  They come straight off
the BBQ in the corner and onto your plate....

This big rack was $6 and DELICIOUS!  I can't believe
I ate the whole thing!

With the outboard off the dinghy, I had no excuse not to
finally finish the patch on the transom where the motor
clamps on.

Sanded smooth

Painted and waiting for a new outboard.

This is how I improvised a long-handled scrub brush so
I could wash the mainsail.

It worked fine, but it was a 3-day chore.


It looks better, but up close you can still see
the black mold stains.

In the process of cleaning the sail I found
a broken slide that needed to be replaced.

I learned how to do it two years ago when five of them
broke during the rough first leg of the Baja Ha Ha.

Fortunately, I had a stainless steel replacement on board.
This one won't break!

No comments:

Post a Comment