Birds in the Estuary and On Board

I found another good place for spotting birds in the estuary this week, and got some good images.  I also took a couple of shots of the regular bird visitors on the boat.  Seeing them is enjoyable; cleaning up after them not so much.  As usual, there were nice sunrises and sunsets, too.
I continued work on refinishing the floor in the main cabin and it's almost done.  My friends Curt and Mary went back to the states for a visit and I miss them already.  But Carnival is coming and that should be fun!


Tricolor heron takes off

Tricolor heron in flight

American oyster-catcher catching a Mexican oyster

American oyster-catcher

American oyster-catcher

Long-billed curlew

Curlew foraging at low tide

Yellow-crowned heron

Black-crowned heron


Little blue heron

Little blue heron

Nearest the water, a snowy egret; above 
a cormorant

Above the cormorant, a black-crowned heron

Green night heron.  First one I've seen in Mazatlán.
They were common in Nuevo Vallarta, even in
the marina.  They seem to prefer to stay hidden 
in the mangroves in Mazatlán.

Green night heron

This dove visits my boat almost every day and does his
courtship song and dance.  Only once did I see a female
succumb to his charms.

As I've seen other places, the white-collared
seed-eaters seem to like roosting on the boat's
lifelines.

Another nice sunset...

...behind Circadian


Big sky in the early morning at the Marina Mazatlan

Looking back toward the marina from another part of
the harbor.

Sanding the floor in the cabin.

After six coats of polyurethane.  Almost done.

Sanding the final section.

First couple of coats on.

1 comment: