California Road Trips

Carol and I went to see the mega-bloom of poppies on Sunday, then Monday and Tuesday I drove up to Benicia and back.  That trip was mostly to take care of some things at my condo, but I also got to see friends Shing and Joanne.  Tiring,but good!

It wasn't surprising that the Antelope Valley Poppy
Preservewas mobbed with people on a Sunday
when the mega-bloomwas making big news and
there are 18 million peop[e within a two-hour
rive.

Nonetheless, it was disheartening to see the lack of
respect for other people as well as the fragile flowers.

Despite the inconsiderate humans, the poppies were truly
spectacular.













By Monday evening I had completed the long drive north
to Benicia.  It's been some time since I've been there,
so it was good to see it still retains its charm.

Canadian geese hanging in the park between the
riverfront and downtown.

Looking toward the Carquinez Bridge.


There are park-like walkways along most of
the riverfront.

Clouds from a passing storm made the long drive back
more scenic, but a lane closure on I-5 created quite a
jam.  I took a few breaks to take photos the scenery,
which helped.

Getting off the freeway in the middle of nowhere can be
pretty nice sometimes.






No comments:

Post a Comment