March 28, 2019

Did a little more bird photography this week, then some boat housecleaning prior to packing up for a visit to the states to see Carol and take care of some business.  Made it unscathed through the travails of contemporary air travel and arrived in LA last night.


Caught a green night heron out in the open,
unusual in Mazatlan.

Back in the Sabalo Estuary I spotted a cattle egret hiding
in the mangroves.

I spent about 40 minutes stalking and following it
in the dinghy until I was able to get close enough
for a decent image.

I really wanted to get it in flight, so I crept closer until
it took off.  I've watched the birds enough now that
I can tell when they are about to take flight.



I went through the same process with a tricolored heron.



Back on Circadian I had the usual visits
from the white-collared seed-eaters.

For whatever reason, they really like to roost on boats.
On several occasions, I've had them fly out to roost on the
lifelines as I entered a harbor.

Because the smaller birds move so quickly, it's very
difficult to catch them mid-flight.  But I did manage
top get a couple of shots with spread wings.


Looking down on Circadian (red arrow) from my
own flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment