July 17, 2016

It was an “interesting” week. I was informed too late that I had lost my spot in the boat for an outrigger race in Long Beach and that resulted in my plans with Carol getting loused up and my being pretty ticked off at the coach and a few others. Ahh well. I again frittered away a lot of time running errands such as getting the car smogged, making calls and so on. The new section for the series drogue arrived yesterday, but before I picked it up I got a call from Dave at Ace Sailmakers: he had shipped the wrong one, and was going to send out the correct one that day. The delay was not a big deal because I was waiting for my new splicing fid from Brion Toss anyway. I did manage to get the sailmaker moving, and Gary spent some time at the boat making measurements and discussing options with me. New main and genny should be ready about the end of August. I also stopped by the canvas shop and got on Vanessa's calendar for a new sail cover. Although the current cover is relatively new, I'm sure it will not fit the new main which will be stiffer and made of heavier fabric and therefore significantly bulkier. I squeezed out enough time to refinish the flange around the aft hatch, and painted it safety orange. It was about the only thing on the boat that hasn't been refinished and I was concerned that if I or any of my HaHa crew failed to notice the open hatch, serious injury could result. It looks more finished now, and is noticeably obnoxious, just what I wanted. Next week I'll start on freshening the finish on the brightwork....



  








No comments:

Post a Comment