July 21, 2016

Carol and I went for a sunset dinghy ride on Sunday, which led to most of this week being focused on dinghy and outboard maintenance and fixes.  After fresh water flushing and burning the fuel out of the carburetor, I changed out the zinc on the motor, and refurbished the lever system for tilting the outboard.  Polishing the plastic covers and coating them with 303 Protectant makes it look newer, if not run better.  I even lubed the zipper on the outboard's cover.  I also fabricated and installed a spacer block to align the starboard beaching wheel which was grossly out of alignment with the dinghy's center line.  The port wheel also needs adjustment, but it's not as far off, so maybe next week.  I also wrestled some more with the Brion Toss method for doing double braid eye splices.  I'm getting better, but still haven't got it down yet.  With the arrival of the series drogue extension this week, more splicing work is in the cards for next week...



  










 





No comments:

Post a Comment