July 28, 2016

Spent the weekend in LA at Carol's.  Very HOT!!  We did manage to get to an antique car and boat show in Marina del Rey Sunday morning before it got too hot.
Although I finally managed to get a good eyesplice using the Brion Toss fid and method on some 5/8 inch line, I failed twice on the expensive 3/4 inch.  Very frustrating.  I have an idea what the problem might be, and plan to try out a solution next week.  Meantime, I started on refinishing the starboard caprail and rubrail.  That side gets the most sun and suffers the most degradation as a consequence.  The first 2/3 of the caprail is done and looks great.  I've started on the first section of rub rail, which was done with Primo Teak Sealer and was pretty rough.  After grinding and sanding off most of the old Primo and applying one new coat, it looks surprisingly good.  I may try using Cetol over that initial coat of Primo, since the Cetol has proven to hold up much better (two years vs less than one year).  It also looks better.  If it fails, I'll need to strip it all off again, but I would need to do that anyway with the failing Primo....








  




No comments:

Post a Comment