A QuickTrip to the U.S.

I spent most of the week in Los Angeles visiting Carol after I went to a U.S. AT&T store to get a new U.S. SIM card and have it activated in the U.S. so I could keep my old number and plan. Well, of course they up-sold me to a new plan and added in a few things. But at least it's working as it should now. While I enjoyed the indolence that comes with a total lack of responsibilities, I enjoyed getting back to Mexico and its happy, friendly people.
I got a lot done in the few days I was back, including getting the survey to the insurance company and getting a policy written so I'm covered now. I also completed final touches on the air conditioner install, as well as contacted a welder and a language school in Guadalajara. Still don't feel settled in yet. I'm looking forward to catching up on projects and exploring more.

Landing at Los Angeles through the June gloom

After having spent some 9 months in Mexico where you quickly learn to look where you are going, I had to laugh at the scary warning signs that greeted me as I walked through the jetway to re-enter the United States.  Boy those 1/8-inch high beveled metal strips are treacherous!

First order of business was getting my phone issues resolved.  It took about an hour, but I got it done.

As usual, LAX was a crowded madhouse

Waiting to board the completely full plane.  Ahhh...the glamour of travel!

Not surprisingly, we left 20 minutes late.

I always pass this interior decoration store on the way to and from the airport that has some pretty wild stuff.  Look carefully and you will find things like the 6 foot tall silver high-heeled shoe above the truck in the center of the photo.

It took a bit of doing over a couple of days, but I got the survey printed, signed and to Novamar Insurance

Craig, the President of Novamar, personally printed out my new policy in their Puerto Vallarta office.

With hardware brought back from the States I added the ability to lock up the cabin while the air conditioner is in place.

It can be secured from inside or outside.

Lazy pelicans waiting for a handout from returning fishing boats

This snowy egret was at the side of the river within 75 feet of the main highway through Puerto Vallarta

This bird was similar to a dove, but no ring on the neck and it had a crown of feathers on top of its head.  Anybody know what it is?

In the time I was gone this tree exploded with bright red blossoms


4 comments:

  1. Still shaking my head at the absurdity of traveling hundreds of miles for a stupid phone. The modern consumer-traveller. When will this i am my gear mindset stop? I am speechless.

    More flowers and sunsets and birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phone keeps me connected to my friends and the rest of the world. It's also the camera that is always with me. I also spent time with Carol while in LA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stand by my comments. Use your expensive SSB which is just rotting there. Get a small camera. Ship your phone to Carol and have HER come down and spend time in wonderful paradise, you selfish beast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SSB is not any easy way to stay in touch and few of my friends have it. I forgot to mention I also find the phone the best source of weather information online via wifi or cell network. Carol is coming down in August.

    ReplyDelete