January 24, 2013

The weather was a good metaphor for the boat work this week:  several delightfully warm and sunny days were followed by dark clouds and rain coming in at the end of the week.
The teak trim around the doghouse was completed with the removal of the masking tape and things have been coming along nicely with the vanity and aft head.  They are both nearing completion and looking good. In addition, I had a nice weekend in LA with Carol.  On the way back, I stopped at H & L Marine Woodworking to get some molding and teak plywood.  Much to my dismay, I learned they are planning to close down soon as the owner passed away.  That would be a real loss because there is no other source like it.  
At the end of the week, when the rain forced me to abandon varnishing, I decided to take it as an omen that I should revisit my problem water pumps.  While everything I did went well, six hours and twenty-five dollars later, the pumps still didn't work.  And my back hurts.  A very frustrating way to end the week.




 









 





 


 






3 comments:

  1. You are a very patient craftsman/shipwright...to be able to fit all those tiny pieces into place. And well...to also work on the water pump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every week, its a stunning realization how far you came and are going. Great work Cap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your continuing support and encouragement; it's the boost that helps get me over the all-to-frequent humps.

    ReplyDelete