September 19, 2013

Again the week was primarily devoted to cruise preparation: checking the sails and furling gear, topping up batteries, checking the stuffing box, provisioning etc.  I did take care of a few minor projects, some planned, some not.  I installed the magnesium anode for the waterheater and reworked the drain hose for the sink in the aft head, which was not draining.

Visits from my old high school buddy Steve as well as Carol forced me to curb my ambition and have a bit of fun.  Steve, my friend John and I hit the boaters swap meet on Saturday.  And Carol, John, his 'friend' Susan and I had a nice afternoon at the Aloha Beach Festival at the Ventura strand on Sunday.  Fun sure can be exhausting when you're not used to it!



























1 comment:

  1. Yes finally getting on that cruise.

    can't wait to see you go!

    Hope you have a good time.

    Lovely starfish are good luck

    ReplyDelete