September 6, 2013

Time warp this week thanks to the three-day weekend.  Everything was pushed back (forward?) a day.  I still managed to get done the major project for the week:  mounting beaching wheels on the dinghy.  Part of getting ready for the next cruise.  It was every bit the project I anticipated, the one "fly in the ointment" being that the kit had two left wheel/axle sets instead of a left and a right.  That would explain why it was less than half the normal cost.  As you'll see in the photos, I did manage to "adapt and overcome."  While the result isn't perfect, I believe it will prove to be good enough.

In the "final touches" category, I was able to find a suitable breaker switch label at the local chandlery for the breaker that controls the new AC outlet I wired last month for the new Geneva music system.  (Somehow the existing "air conditioner" label didn't seem appropriate.)  In looking through the label selection, I noticed that labels for "wine cooler" and "spa" were available.  Wish I had a boat that needed those!




















2 comments:

  1. The freezer compartment photo made me laugh out loud. So glad you recorded that precious memory of our excellent Sunday night dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, let me get this straight. Cappy G is making whisty toys, putting landing gear on row boats and looking for wings, and thinking of submarines.

    Meanwhile, Carol, the sensible one, is checking out the electrical systems and making sure nothing will explode, and find a freezer about to do so.

    Hmmm...who is the REAL Cappy here?

    ReplyDelete