August 15, 2014

Going from the birthday-boy to shit-shifter was quite an adjustment.  I spent much of the week clearing stuff out of the truck so that it could be hauled away as a total loss, clearing out two marina lockers and moving it all into a new rented storage space.  None of that did my back any good at a time when it was giving me grief anyway.  One great piece of luck, tho, was a stranger at the storage yard giving me a very nice heavy duty shelf on castors.  He was from out of state and clearing out the last of his stuff, so he was happy to be rid of it.  I just rolled it right over to my space.  It turned out to be critically important:  I could never have gotten everything into my little space without it, and because it rolls, I can still get easy access to everything.

I also finally got to cleaning out the dust and debris left in the engine room from the big painting project.  That entailed removing much of the gear stowed there, hosing off the gear and the engine room, drying out everything and reorganizing as it was stowed.  That didn’t help my back much either, so I took a break, shopped for the materials needed for next week's project, lazy jacks, and went sailing on my buddy’s new Montgomery 15.  

The most important and challenging task, however, was finding a suitable birthday present for Carol, whose birthday is this weekend. Wish me luck!

















2 comments:

  1. Nice documentation of the storage maneuvering.
    And don't forget the reward for good birthday gift....lobster feast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive week. Something unusually different. I think you did MUCH better getting rid of those smaller lockers anyway. You need another cart!

    ReplyDelete