Punta Mita

If you've been wondering why I haven't posted in a while it's because my impatience won out and I left Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta the morning of February 25th. I haven't had access to wifi until now. The good news is there should be several posts up today describing my adventures along the way to Barra de Navidad.
I decided to break up the long and potentially rough passage around Cabo Corrientes (the Mexican version of Point Conception) with an overnight at Punta Mita. It was only about 12 miles from Nuevo Vallarta, so it was an easy way to get back into the passagemaking groove, and that 12 miles off the next day's passage could be important. Punta Mita is a big open bay, so there was plenty of room to anchor. Unfortunately, it was also as rolly as the cruising guides warned. I tried the spring-line-to the-anchor-chain trick to pull the stern around so the boat faced more into the swell than the wind (which was moderate). It worked great until the wind died. I was up early the next morning to leave for Ipala. I expected challenging anchoring there, so I wanted to be certain I made the 50 miles with plenty of daylight left.










1 comment: