May 16, 2016

Tough week.  Truck broke down three times going to and from an outrigger race in San Diego.  Dealing with those issues precipitated other problems, all leading to lots of stress, lack of sleep, significant expenses and additional things to handle.  Still, I managed to get a few things done on the boat. (Good therapy if nothing else.)
I laid on a total of six coats of Cetol (3 Marine, 3 Gloss) on the teak trim around the cockpit coaming so I can now move on to the rest of the teak in the doghouse, which will be coated with Epifanes varnish.  The labels arrived for the switch panel, so I figured out a way to get them on perfectly aligned, which is a challenge because once the label adheres to the panel, it can't be adjusted.  I made a cut-out template from a piece of cardboard to guide the label placement.  It worked perfectly.   I also attended to a few details in aft cabin such as floor trim and polishing up the aluminum frames for the port lights.
In addition, I showed a neighbor the secret to getting a nearly flawless paint finish using the roll and tip method, and saw my friend Curt's new (to him) boat.

Tomorrow is another day.













1 comment:

  1. Stunning.

    doesnt look like a bad week to me.

    purple flowers also save the day.

    ReplyDelete