May 2, 2013

It was a mixed week:  some things went well, others not so much.  The sanding of the teak in the doghouse progressed to the 120 grit, but Jordan got sick and was unable to do more.  I refurbished the switch panel in the cockpit and ordered new labels.  I also swapped out the old and corroded Morse shift/throttle control lever with a much nicer one.  Unfortunately, the new one was a mirror image (yes, it turns out they come  right or left handed), so I had to open up the guts and switch everything around to get it to work properly.  In addition, when I started the engine to check the shift operation, the alternator was no longer charging.  I still don't know if it's just coincidence or if something got bunged up when I was putting in the new shifter.  Serious alternator troubleshooting is on the list for next week.  In the aft cabin, I finished up the bits of teak trim to hide the ugly cleats supporting the shelves by the quarterberths and added some pinrail to the fiddle on the port side (starboard will get the same treatment).

The first major wildfire arrived this week, narrowly missing my friend's place and blowing up some nearby RVs.  The great blue heron nestlings are growing fast and screaming to be fed!  Flowers are in full bloom, too!







  






 






1 comment:

  1. nifty week.

    was wondering about the fire down thatawayz.

    that new throttle looks like a shiny bell worth a ring.

    glad things are working out.

    ReplyDelete